Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January 30

Stop making excuses.


I make excuses all the time.  Just the other night, it was my job to bring movies over to Brie's where she was entertaining some gentlemen.  Of course, one was horribly made and the other was offensive (the movies; not the guys).  I,of course, always take the mature route so I blamed my friend Mara.  The moral of the story: excuses are fine if you are trying to impress attractive males.
AMANDA
Oh, all right; let's go the cliche route.  Excuses are bad, own up to your errors, etc.:)

Amanda is exaggerating. The evening was a huge success, and even if the films weren't great, it wasn't Amanda's fault. She hadn't seen them before, how was she supposed to know? And I'm not making an excuse for her; she shouldn't blame herself for something that wasn't her fault at all. There is a fine line between making excuses and giving yourself a break. It's perfectly fine to give yourself a break, but don't start making up excuses to not do your work.

xx Brie

P.S. Note to self: take your own advice! Stop making excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment