Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 18

Take responsibility for your choices.  Do not blame anyone else.


You might have noticed that recently I have not been able to shut up about my surgery, and this post will be no exception.  I often have felt that it is extremely unfair that I have a bone disease that one in a hundred thousand people have.  It is, of course, but my body is still in my domain of power.  I can control how I handle the stress and the pain.  Sometimes I even think that I wouldn't change my bones if I could because they are uniquely mine and they have probably made me a more empathetic person than I would have been.


"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."
Sigmund Freud

1 comment:

  1. Though Sigmund Freud is not someone I would always agree with, in this quote there is so much truth that I cannot help but say, OK Siggy, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete