Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6

Enjoy the world with all its improvements.


This is a constant argument between my brother and me; I once said that I wished I was in the nineties and he nearly died.  I once read that people interested in science should read the latest things (him) and people interested in English should read the oldest things (me).  Since I fall in the latter category (I am also constantly watching old movies and listening to old music) I suppose it is natural for me to have some doubt about what era I would like to live in.  I do know that, rationally, medicine and technology has greatly improved.  Is there some part of me that wishes that I was walking the moors of England in a dress with my drawing master?  Maybe, but I think I am overall grateful for when I live.
AMANDA

No comments:

Post a Comment