Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9

Look for a way to help other women today.


So Brie has officially quit (probably due to my excessive pushing).  I am flying solo now, which is unfortunate because my posts are quite short.  Of course, if people keep commenting it will help to make posts more interesting and diverse.


Helping women seems to be quite the recurring theme in this book.  Today I attempted to help by just listening; the women in my life each have a lot going on right now.  Some people are simply not good at listening.  My sister, mom, and I have a way to prevent this.  When a listener is not giving a talker the reaction they were hoping for, the talker simply says "redo".   The listener then has to alter their reaction until it is satisfying to the talker.  There is a fine art to these things. 


Since it is no longer necessary for me to sign my posts, I will end with an inspirational quote:


"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
Leo Buscaglia

1 comment:

  1. I am happy That you are continuing to publish this blog. Perhaps Brie will join in for guest blogs periodically. Thank you for that wonderful quote at the end today. It warmed my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete