Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 1

Put yourself out there.


I had a hard time thinking of what to write for this post.  I guess that makes sense, since I have a hard time putting myself out there.  I think there were a few incidents in grade school whenever I made it known to a guy that I liked him and I have been scarred for life.  Rejection is just so humiliating.  Still, I am going to try to put myself out there more starting tomorrow.  Possibly the next day.
AMANDA

I get better at putting myself out there every day. I'm able to be completely honest with my boyfriend, which is 'putting myself out there'. Back in October, I gave my phone number to a group of acquaintances. I asked them to come over to my place for a movie night (you know, just a casual get-together). This gathering was, of course, a plot to get a certain fellow over so I could get to know him better. He didn't show up. He had a good excuse and everything, so I had no reason to be mad at him. I was still upset and disappointed, of course. The point is, though, that I put myself out there. And three months later, he texted me (for the first time). He is now my boyfriend. So, you never know what will happen if your put yourself out there. Most of the time, risks pay off.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment