Thursday, March 1, 2012

February 28

Admit your feelings to yourself and others.


I find that I often admit parts of my feelings to other people.  I don't want to launch into a rant, so I give them bits and pieces of what I am feeling.  This is detrimental, because they never get the big picture, but I don't want to keep bringing it up.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, I have never had a problem admitting my feelings to myself.  Which, of course, is the most important part!:)
AMANDA

That makes complete sense, Amanda. And I've noticed that about you. With me, at least, there is no reason to hold back your feelings. I want to be able to do whatever I can to make you feel better. I don't have a problem admitting my feelings to myself...but I will often realize how I truly feel a while after the fact. After that, I have no problem with my feelings. I tend to keep my feelings to myself, because I don't want to drag anyone else's mood down or make them suffer. I am going to work on expressing my feelings to others. I will start right away. I have some unresolved issues...

xx Brie

1 comment:

  1. I think it can be tiring to go over and over feelings and thoughts with people. Sometimes I will say to one of my sisters,"Subject #465" or something like that if it is a topic we have gone over too often. I think what is important is admitting feelings to ourselves, being honest with ourselves then moving on. Another way to let things out is physically--I work out really hard or let myself cry.

    ReplyDelete