Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18

Some decisions you make will be bad, some will be good.  Regardless, you still have to make decisions.


I think often times we get caught up in feeling guilty and trying to gauge what other people want when we make decisions.  When I was younger and went on vacations with my family, we would often just sit and stare at each other, wondering where we would go for dinner.  We would try to read each other's minds.  "Does he not like Italian?", "Will she be disappointed?", "Is she sick of _____?".  It got to the point of just plain stupidity.  I think we just need to let all that stuff go.  If someone is blatantly not voicing their opinion, obviously it doesn't mean that much to them.  Of course, I am focusing on the smaller stuff.  I think impulsive decisions that you regret later are part of being young and you should just go for it.  I think I would regret not doing something more than I would regret pursuing a misguided adventure.
AMANDA

1 comment: