Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 11

Honor the friends that you met along your path, even if they are not your friends anymore.


Today, when I read this, I sat down and really thought about my friends, for as far back as I could remember.  My older sister has always been my constant presence as a best friend.  However, many people have faded in and out of my life and it felt great remembering the good times we had.  I remember as far back as a pair of twins from first grade who left to tour the world in a RV all the way to friends from a couple months back that I have lost track of.  Try it; it is a gratifying experience.
AMANDA


When I was around seven years old, I moved in next door to a girl who would become my best friend. We spent every possible moment together. When I was about twelve years old, I moved back to my hometown. I never stayed in touch with her, and we haven't spoken since. I always wonder what would have happened, or who I would have become, if I had stayed there with her. Recently, through a social networking website, I saw a picture of my former best friend in high school. She was my opposite. It's a scary feeling to think that I could be a completely different person now if we had stayed best friends. I agree with Amanda; definitely take this trip down memory lane.


xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment