Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 4

Our egos tell us that if we don't care for everyone and everything, they will suffer.  Though we are important, the world will not collapse if we give ourselves a break.


I think this is most prevalent with moms but I think everyone does this.  I have been finding myself trying to take care of other people's problems and it has been wearing me out.  Not that I am against helping people, but sometimes we do it without them asking or if it is at our expense.  It gets exhausting but then we feel guilty.  There is nothing wrong with taking a break.
AMANDA


These past few months, I have been worrying myself sick about everyone's problems except my own. Consequently, I have made myself a very, very sad person. I mean, I'm glad the people I care about are happy now, but I am so sick and tired of coming last. Lately, I haven't allowed myself to truly feel what I am feeling. I convinced myself that I am not entitled to feeling angry or annoyed at anyone. I need to give myself a break and realize that everything is not my fault all the time.

xx Brie

1 comment:

  1. Amanda and Brie, I would like to suggest quiet time for each of you: either through meditation or a walk. Part of breaking a pattern involves being honest with yourself and accepting what you can and can't do. Be gentle, yet honest. You don't have to save the world. At least not today! :)

    ReplyDelete