Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2

Ignore the negative today and embrace the positive.


So today I spent the entire day being bored and then I went home and was more bored.  I am now watching The Jerk, which is a movie where Steve Martin acts retarded (um, ha?) so I am not exactly rolling in sunshine right now.  However, my sister is coming home this weekend for Easter and I don't have a long week this week.  So tonight, I am going to pamper myself and watch a better movie...LIKE BATMAN WITH JACK NICHOLSON!  That is what I am doing.  Wow, now I am boring people.  Boredom tag...you're it!
AMANDA


My boyfriend has been having a stressful time at work lately. He had to work more than usual today (negative), so I decided to dedicate my afternoon (which was empty) to doing something nice for him. We really like to make homemade things for each other, so I practiced some origami, and I made a crane. I wrote one of our favorite little quotes on the wings. I'm going to give it to him tomorrow, and hopefully it will brighten his day a bit. Both of us are really, really into music, and we like to make mix CDs for each other. I'm almost done with a new mix for him. So, today I managed to take a negative situation and use my frustration to be productive and have some fun along the way.

xx Brie

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, it sounds as if it was really hard to ignore the negative today--the BOREDOM.I have felt that way and have even bored myself sometimes! It can be very difficult to look at the positive and focus on it. Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete