Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 15

Defend and appreciate the women from past generations.  They have given us the freedoms we have today.  Stand up for them, even if someone is "just kidding".


See, this is where I have a little trouble.  I think freaking out every single time someone makes an obviously not serious comment makes the feminist cause seem ridiculous.  I also think that we give power to blowhards like Rush Limbaugh by paying attention to their ignorant opinions.  I personally think we should just treat him like some lunatic in the Subway.  However, no one who follows the news can claim that the fight for equal rights for women is over.  I think we should pick our battles; the contraception debate is clearly one worth fighting for.
AMANDA


I definitely defend women who, in the past, have fought for rights. They are the reason I have so many wonderful opportunities today. I completely agree with Amanda on the whole contraception issue. I do think it is good to always be willing to stand up for the feminist cause. I am always willing to proudly voice my opinion on issues that effect modern women.


xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment