Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 18

Today is about recognizing when you are depressed.  One of the surest signs of this is obsessing.

The word obsession has such a negative connotation.  I have been told that I am obsessed with books, movies, and recently, blogs.  People throw that word around all the time.  To me, obsession is dark, uncontrollable, and scary.  If you are obsessed by that definition, you do have a problem.  Depression runs in my family, so it really has never been a big deal to me.  If you suffer from it there is medication you can take.  If you choose not do anything about it, the people around you suffer from it as well (I am talking from personal experience here).  To me, it is a condition just like a broken leg or a headache.  Take care of it then move on.
AMANDA

Depression is such a serious problem that is taken way too lightly. How many commercials are there on television that try to sell you depression medication? Because we hear about it so much, we are more likely as a society to think depression is less of an issue than it actually it. Depression, I'm sure I don't need to tell you, can lead to suicide and can make others around you depressed as well. If you realize someone around you is suffering from this, make sure they are eating right and exercising. If this doesn't help talk to them about it. The next step of action would be medication as prescribed by a doctor. When I am feeling very unhappy I like to make a list of things that make me happy and then do them.

xx Brie

If you or someone you know is obsessing over something, continue to observe their actions to figure out if they are depressed. Early detection can save someone a lot of trouble and misery.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I love the idea of your blog! I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete