Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28 (AMANDA'S BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY)

Don't give up your power.  No one can take it away from you unless you let them.

I promise I will stop putting up birthdays soon.  September is a busy month!

One of the many lame, amazing lines in Braveheart is "They can take our lives but they will never take our freedom!"  Ah, Mel Gibson, we can learn so much from you except, you know, how to be a good person.  Anyway, you might feel powerless at your job, in your relationships, or your finances.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, there is always a choice.  Next time I am feeling powerless, I am going to stop and reevaluate.  Then I am going to take back my power.
AMANDA

It is such a helpless feeling to have no control or power over what goes on in your life. Where you go, how you spend your time, and so on. There is a difference between being a control freak and being a doormat. Don't let other people make decisions for you. After all, you are the creator of your own destiny, and you create it daily. Diana Fletcher notes in her book that we often give up power by not voicing our opinions when opposed with prejudice. I have a lot of opinions which I do not express because I have learned through experience that people will jump down my throat without even listening to reason. It certainly is frustrating sometimes, but I have chosen to use my energy in a more productive way. I just have to pick and choose my battles, I suppose.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment