Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22

We are all a lot harder on ourselves than we are on our friends. Why is that?  Treat yourself like you are your best friend.  Be honest, be kind, and be helpful.

If I talked to a friend like I talk to myself sometimes, I wouldn't have any friends.  Late at night when I am trying to get to sleep, I especially fall victim to my own, often viscious, mind.  What do you change first?  How you talk to yourself or how you handle certain situations so you can earn some internal praise? Recently, I have really started to like myself.  I mean, not in a creepy Memoirs of Martinus Scribberlus way, but in a "I can be interesting when I want to be" way.  Now, I know the recommended route is to change how you talk to yourself, but the latter worked better for me.  Once I started doing these blogs, I really felt like I was accomplishing something, and growing as a person as well.  I would recommend starting a project.  You may not be accomplishing huge, life-changing goals but you will feel like you have a purpose, even on the worst of days.
AMANDA

I agree completely with Amanda's suggestion. Make yourself feel useful and you will seem more important in deserving in your own eyes. As mentioned above, you should treat yourself as you would a best friend. To start, think of qualities that you look for in a best friend. What do you love about them? In my case, I love that my best friend is hilarious, understanding, and the kindest person I know. Just thinking about her and how she treats me makes me a little bit more gentle towards myself. Also, try not to be so hard on yourself the next time you make a mistake. After all, don't they always say "You need to love yourself before you can love someone else." You would be surprised how much happier you will be if you just take more care with how you treat yoursef.

xx Brie

We are constantly looking at outside sources to blame for our unhappiness. Consider for a moment that you might be the cause of your own discontent. Being too critical on yourself can add a huge weight to your relationships. Your relationship with yourself and those with others. So don't be afraid to give yourself a break once in a while and laugh it off when you mess something up.

No comments:

Post a Comment