Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19

Surround yourself with objects and people that inspire you.

I LOVE my bedroom.  I got posters of favorite movies, animals, and books.  I have a lot of my goals on my bulletin board.  I have stacks and stacks of books.  It is the perfect blend of escapes and my future.  I think this is the balance that everyone needs in their lives.  No one part is too overwhelming so I rarely get stressed in that room.  One particular object that inspires me is the music box my grandmother gave me.  I know this is a cliche but it is such a great combination of elegance and the past.  It is really beautiful and it always calms me down.
AMANDA

I would have to say that my bedroom is my escape as well. Up on one of my dressers I have my Siddhartha statue surrounded by candles, incense, and bamboo. I have my vanity which doubles for a desk that has pictures on it of things I love. On my walls I have taped up quotes that inspire me. I also have some beautiful black and white pictures of Paris that give the room a feel of serenity while also a wonderful energy. I like to keep most of my clutter in my closet, because if it is out in the open, I find that I am more stressed.

xx Brie

What is your favorite room of your house? Do you find that a certain colour scheme is more calming and soothing to you than others? It is important to have a space we can call our own and that we can escape to. This space can give us a place to re-energize ourselves from our hectic lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment