Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 25

Quit acting like other people hold the keys to who you really are.  You can take what other people say into consideration, but don't let it rule you.  You are the only one who knows what is going on inside your head.

Yep, have definitely had experience with this one.  Yesterday, I got in a fight with my sister.  She has been really emotional lately.  She was really misinterpreting what I was saying (she was convinced I told her she didn't try hard enough). I know I didn't say or mean that.  She also (she really wasn't herself yesterday) was saying rather cruel things about the kind of sister I was.  I debated whether to write this post because she might read it.  But this is Brie's and mine's blog and I am going to choose to write about my own experiences.  At the end of the day, though, I was content.  I didn't lose control of myself and I honestly did my best to help and be there for her.  I know what I meant and it certainly wasn't anything hateful.
AMANDA

I understand completely, Amanda. Is is wrong of me to say that I honestly think other people are the problem? I mean, I am a very honest person. I will always tell someone the truth and say how I feel. A lot of times people get really mad when I do that, and I don't understand why. Would people rather be lied to? So, I made the decision a long time ago to continue being honest. I would rather be truthful than a liar. I don't want to be the kind of person that plays mind games with people. I think it is better to get it all out.

xx Brie

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is." - Bob Dylan

No matter what happens, it is your choice how you act and live your life. Even if others don't approve, make sure you are happy with your choices, and your conscience will be clear.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda and Brie, I just want to say thank you for all the consideration you give the ideas in the book. I know you are both using this to help you be happy, and I am honored. (And flattered, I have to confess!)
    You have really made me think about my book in a different and interesting way. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete