Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12

Learn to say no or delegate the tasks that you abhor constantly doing.


Today I went out to lunch with my mom which was a lot of fun.  I also skipped a dentist appointment which was very freeing.  Tasks that I hate doing are things that need to be done that I (unfortunately) can't assign to someone else.  I still take breaks and occasionally blow things off (see above) so I am not too worried about it.
AMANDA

Unfortunately, I cannot just hand off my work to someone else. I definitely need to learn to say no. I promised someone recently I would help him with his work, and I don't regret helping him out at all, but what I thought would be a quick one hour work session turned into four hours. I didn't get any work done of my own that day. So, yeah, I would say that really got in the way of my own success. He was grateful that I helped him and everything, but it was just so much added stress on me that it almost wasn't worth it.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment