Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26

Quit complaining.


I don't think anyone thinks that they are guilty of complaining too much.  Still, I think we all have something that we simply cannot stop talking about, whether or not another person wants to hear it.  For instance, my sister currently is obsessed with the show True Blood.  I myself can never stop rambling about the book or movie I am currently immersed in.  I even had a phase that I couldn't stop talking about a slinky, but let's not dwell on that one.  Sometimes when I am chatting on the phone with my sister, one of us will go "okay, I need to obsess/rant about this for the next 45 seconds" and the other one will obediently listen.  I think this is a very good system because sometimes you just need to vent.  Just make sure the person is willing to listen.:)
AMANDA

I try my best to be self-aware and to not complain. Of course, we all need to vent our feelings every once and a while, which is healthy. Good friends will always listen to you if you have a problem, but no one really wants to hear someone complain for an extended period of time. It is so easy to become so absorbed in a particular topic and only talk about that one thing. Try your hardest to not push people away by only talking about yourself. That is what I have been working on lately. When a lot of change is going on, it's hard to see things clearly, and sometimes we can lose ourselves in it. If you don't have anyone to complain to, try to release your frustration in a different, more constructive way.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment