Monday, January 23, 2012

January 22

Find people in your life who are at different points in their lives than you are. Listen to what they are going through.

I touched upon this subject a bit yesterday. Diana Fletcher tells us to resist the urge to give advice in today's entry. I am quite close to my cousin, and she reminds me a lot of myself when I was her age. I love to hear all about what is going on in her life. She calls me for advice, so I give her the best guidance I can. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to give someone advice, just as long as they ask for it. But don't give unwelcome advice. That can be annoying and unattractive.

I saw a sign today that I really loved. It said happiness is a journey, not a destination.

xx Brie


People in my family are generally older than me so I have never really...mentored anyone.  I talk to a lot of my older family members and I always appreciate their advice.  I always try to listen to other people's problems even if I have never experienced anything like them before. I agree with Brie, only give advice if they ask for it.  Also, listen closely to tell if they want you to help fix a problem or they just want to vent.  Look at me, giving advice when no one has asked for it.  However, as a partner in this blog I can do whatever the hell I want.
AMANDA

No comments:

Post a Comment