Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24

Trust your instincts.  Do not talk yourself out of something that you know is true.


Diana Fletcher said in this message that there are worse things in life to be than embarrassed.  Obviously she never fell and rolled down a hill in mud and had to go back into the building she came out of in front of around 20 people. But seriously, I know what she means about people being embarrassed to be scared.  I think the example Gavin de Becker used in his book, The Gift of Fear, was when a woman is afraid to go into an elevator alone with a guy she thinks is creepy.  I think de Becker puts it best when he says: "What is more ridiculous?  Just walking away from the elevator or getting into a soundproof, steel box with a stranger you don't feel comfortable with?"
AMANDA

That is a great point, Amanda. It is pretty much a perfect example. I am a firm believer in the power of a woman's intuition. I have never regretted following my intuition in my life, and it has never really gotten me into a bad situation. Sometimes over analyzing just gets you into a big old mess. I'm sure we've all been there at one time or another. Trust your instincts. It will save you a lot of trouble.

"Trust yourself and you will know how to live." - Johann Wolfgang van Goethe

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment