Monday, January 30, 2012

January 28

Treat others like you want to be treated.


I avoided writing this post for awhile because I was afraid that I would sound preachy.  It is kind of hard not to when you talk about the "Golden Rule".  At least, that is what they called it in Catholic school.  I would like to think that I follow it, but of course, no one does.  If I treated everyone like I wanted to be treated, I would be attracted to everyone and I would be serving everyone cake balls, on the hour, every hour.  I think it is important to think of how you would react to certain things that come out of your mouth.  There, I said it.  Any more preaching and I could title this post Little Women.
AMANDA


I used to live by this rule. I was always taught to treat others the way you want to be treated and all that jazz. But recently, I have realized something that completely contradicts this rule. I don't think everyone wants to be treated the same way. If I want to be treated a certain way, that does not mean that my friend wants to be treated that way, too. What I am going to focus on is being attentive to each person's individual needs. That is a huge part of being a good friend.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment