Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 21

Show you value others by sharing your knowledge.

Well, Amanda is visiting her lovely sister for the weekend, so I am on my own for this post. Part of being a good friend is sharing things you have learned with others. I don't think my group of friends has a problem with that. We are always there for each other to give advice and exchange information. It is noted in Happy On Purpose to not go overboard with pushing your knowledge in other peoples' faces. Don't be a know it all. Chances are, you probably won't get or keep friends that way. I'm sure everyone here knows this, but sometimes we can do those kinds of annoying things without even realizing it. Every once and a while, step back and try to observe your behavior from the outside. If you were someone else, how would you perceive your own behavior?

xx Brie


I am back even if I am a couple days late.  As far as sharing knowledge goes, I am constantly making book or movie lists for my friends; I even made one for Brie.  I always like to consult other people about their "things".  For instance, my brother's "things" are politics and math.  My sister's is beauty.  My friend Mara's is all things nerdy.  People usually come to me for books and movies.  It is fun to look out for potential love interests for my friends and family depending on other people's interests.
AMANDA

1 comment:

  1. I love your statement, Brie. "Every once and a while, step back and try to observe your behavior from the outside. If you were someone else, how would you perceive your own behavior?"
    This is always good to do because I have found that when we are in the midst of a problem or situation, we cannot "see the forest for the trees."
    Also, I use a very honest friend of mine, ok, my sister, to evaluate my situation at times. Not always fun to hear, but I love the honesty and the help it gives me.

    ReplyDelete