Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7

Look for tiny miracles.


The mere fact that any of us are alive right now is a miracle in itself.  When you think about the fact that we live in an universe that doesn't care if we live or die, it is incredible that we continue to function despite all the threats.  That is not to mention what we do to each other as well.  Today, I am going to try to be more grateful, not just about the big things but about the little things as well.
AMANDA

Today, I recieved amazing advice. My aunt/best friend told me about what helped give her clarity and a sense of peace during a difficult time in her life. She said to be glad that you are you. Someone treated her very badly and she began to think that something was wrong with her if someone would treat her that way. Then, she realized that no matter how bad things were, and no matter how bad she felt about herself, she was incredibly grateful that she was herself and no one else. I have been a bit confused about the way someone has treated me recently, and I have realized, thanks to my aunt's advice, that even if I might wonder about why the person did what he did, I am very glad I am me and not him. I wouldn't want to be someone who is oblivious and inconsiderate of other people's feelings. I like to think of myself as someone who is very in touch with how people are feeling around her and sensitive to others' feelings. So, I am glad I am me, not anyone else. That conversation with my aunt was the small miracle of today.

xx Brie

P.S. I hope I explained that well and didn't butcher her wonderful advice.

1 comment:

  1. Brie, I think you explained it perfectly. Sometimes I think we are taught about who and what we want to be, by observing others. We see what we don't like and we see what we want to emulate. Maybe that is why we are all here--to learn from one another!

    ReplyDelete