Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19

Don't be afraid to speak up when you are frightened.  Assembly a back up team that will support you if need be.


I have always remembered what Gavin de Becker said in The Gift of Fear about someone following you.  If you think someone is following you, don't just glance repeatedly over your shoulder.  Instead (when there are other people around), turn completely around and just stare.  I think the consequences of not speaking up when you are scared are a lot worse then the consequences of potentially looking like a paranoid idiot.
AMANDA

I completely agree, Amanda. Instead of staying in a relationship that made me unhappy, I spoke up and told him that I wanted to end it. I was so scared, and I'm not even sure why. Maybe it was because I didn't know how I would feel afterwards. Would I regret it? There will always be those 'what if' questions, but I know that I did what was right for me. My back up team was awesome. Amanda, I don't know what I would do without you. I probably would still be with him if it weren't for you. Thank you for telling me that I deserve better, and thank you for giving me so much strength!

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment