Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10

Sit in silence for at least five minutes and discover something about yourself.


Sorry, no time!  I am going out to dinner with my cousin tonight and I am leaving town tomorrow.  However, I will still try to sit down before I go to bed to contemplate my existence or whatever.  Still, I can apply some happy on purpose principles to this weekend.  For instance, even though I am visiting family, I am going to keep a positive attitude and not get stressed.  Likewise, I am not going to throw away the entire weekend with junk food and laziness because I have tons of work to do.
AMANDA

I couldn't get complete silence because my dog was snoring as he was sleeping next to me. :) I try to sit in silence and meditate every day if I can. Today the feelings I had while sitting in silence were: conflicted, frustrated, and anxious. But on the bright side I was also excited for the long weekend. There is a used book sale tomorrow! Yay! Let's see how much money I can spend... and how many books I can carry at one time! :) While sitting quietly I also realized that I am very, very tired, as I almost fell asleep.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment