Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3

No matter who we are, we have all learned from life.  Celebrate your awesomeness.


I know I have learned from life.  The lessons we tend to focus on are the ones from the bad experiences.  However, you can also learn from the truly amazing ones.  So I decided to make a list of what I have learned about myself through my best and worst memories.
1. I can be strong and brave.
2. I can sacrifice my own happiness and comfort for others.
3. I am adventurous.
4. I am truly unique.
5. I am (mostly) proud of my memories.  I don't have to exaggerate my worst or best memories to make myself seem "interesting".
6. France is hell on Earth for me.
AMANDA

We all experience thrilling, exciting highs and devastating lows in our lives. There is a Buddhist saying that goes something like, "Sometimes you have to go down in order to go up". Though the saying is simple, the sentiment is very true. Do you ever think, 'Hey, if I hadn't had this bad thing happen to me, then I would not have met this person' and so on and so forth. I know I do. I have made peace with the horrible things that have happened in my life and am now appreciative that those events strengthened my relationships with people close to me.

In the spirit of celebrating our awesomeness:



I did that once, by the way.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment