Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14

To avoid getting too stressed, breathe in deeply.  Try to do this every hour.


I have always used this strategy whenever I am getting freaked out.  Breathing slowly through your nose is also a great way to avoid choking.  Sometimes, you feel yourself ready to cough and choke in the middle of a silent room.  Breathe deeply through your nose and you will be okay (unless there is actually something lodged in your throat in which case, don't take my advice; my CPR certificate has been expired for six years now). Anyway, this strategy also works whenever you are getting ready to do some scary like giving a presentation or getting an injection (ahem...Brie).
AMANDA

Well, excuse me for having a fear of injections! :) I have really honed my deep breathing through daily meditation, and I try to do a few exercises during times of great stress. The deep breathing is great during times of extreme stress or anxiety, as it can help slow down the heart rate relatively quickly. Also, if you practice deep breathing throughout your day, try to relax your muscles as sell. This way, they will have less of a chance of becoming knotted and sore. I know for me, personally, being hunched over my work all day can really hurt my back and shoulders. Though these techniques are simple, I find that they are very effective in managing my stress.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment