Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16

Even if our friendships don't end in the way we would have liked, cherish the good parts.  Don't dwell on what broke you apart but rather what drew you together in the first place.


I will admit, I changed the message.  It originally just focused on friendships with other women.  I actually have never had a friendship with a woman that ended abruptly.  Some have simply faded away, but I never had a big blowout.  I have, however, had that happen with a male friend of mine.  So today I remembered three of the best moments I ever had with him.  It felt wonderful to relive funny memories and to let go of resentments. This might be my favorite message as of yet.
AMANDA


I have had a huge fall out with a female friend in the past. It happened when I was very young and I consider myself to be a completely different person now. I cannot even remember any happy memories with her. It was always somewhat unpleasant to be around her, as we had such different dispositions. I was drawn to her in the first place because she included me in things and I was new to my school. I am going to be thankful for our fight and separation because even though I lost a friend, it feels like I gained so much more. I am entirely convinced that I would not be the person I am today if I was still friends with her. I agree, Amanda, I love this message!

xx Brie

P.S. I wanted to share with you what today's message is for my Dalai Lama inspiration calendar as I really loved it: To be aware of a single shortcoming within oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in somebody else. Rather than speaking badly about people and in ways that will produce friction and unrest in their lives, we should practice a purer perception of them, and when we speak of others, speak of their good qualities.

2 comments:

  1. oo, thanks for sharing the Dalai lama inspiration as well! I really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! I will try to include extra things like that more often. :)
    xx Brie

    ReplyDelete