Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9

Whether you think so or not, you have had a profound, positive impact on other people's lives.


It is easy to think about ways that other people have influenced your life, but what about your influence on other people's lives?  This is a bit harder.  One time my friend told me that she was really racist before she met me.  My sister once told me (or rather told a rude guy we were having dinner with in France) that I was the most driven person she knew.  My mom told me that I was her hero.  I am not trying to throw a "look how cool Amanda is party" (that is scheduled for next Tuesday) but rather to remind myself that I am not a totally invisible entity.  I will always be able to remind myself of these amazing things that people have said to me whenever I feel small.  My advice would be to make a list of the nicest things that people have ever said to you and remind yourself of the list whenever you feel dejected.
AMANDA


I love your list suggestion, Amanda! We could even hang our lists somewhere that we would always be able to see them. By the way, when is my invitation for your "look how cool Amanda is party"? Is it in the mail?
Lately, I have been thinking about how much others influence my life. I always feel that I care way more about some of the people in my life than they do about me. (This does not include you, Amanda). :) It never occurs to me that I may just be as special to them as they are to me. The nicest things that people have ever said to me that stand out the most are:
1. When a family friend told me that I reminded them of Audrey Hepburn
2. When my aunt told me that my views were very worldly
3. When my cousin did her school report on the person that she admires the most about me

xx Brie

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this November 9th entry for a friend of mine who has been a wonderful woman to have in my life. November 9th is her birthday. I Love the interpretation ladies--you really take these daily messages to heart!

    ReplyDelete