Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 26

When you lose someone you love, realize that you are not the only going through the grief.  Exchange funny anecdotes or memories about the one you have lost.  Laugh.


Okay, so this is a weird coincidence.  I should look ahead in the other messages to see if they continue to tell my future.


When my aunts and mom first heard about my grandpa dying, it was awful.  But then one of my aunts started laughing and remembering stories about my grandfather.  I was thoroughly impressed.  I don't think it is disrespectful at all to laugh.  At my funeral, I hope people will get a kick out of my various wacky antics rather than letting the news destroy them.  My grandpa would want them to be the silly, wild girls they were growing up.
AMANDA
Thank you so much, Brie!  You are one of the kindest people I know!:)

I agree, Amanda, it isn't disrespectful to laugh. I would love nothing more if, at my funeral, my friends and family go around and all tell funny stories about me. I love to laugh most of all, and that is what I would like to be remembered by. I'd like to think that I would react to a family members death by laughing about the good times. I guess you never really know, though; it's always different in the moment. And, Amanda, it is very impressive that your aunt is strong enough to react like that. She sounds like she is in a very good place.

xx Brie
P.S. I had so much fun tonight! I love your family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment