Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19

Women often do not promote themselves in the same way men do.  You can promote yourself professionally without acting like a show off.  Realize and use your own strengths.


I often disregard compliments.  I am never rude about it, though.  For instance, I get told that I am a good writer a lot.  I do really like writing so I always figured people were just being nice so they would not spoil my fun.  This blog is all about change, however, so here we go:


I AM A DAMN GOOD WRITER AND PEOPLE DON'T JUST SAY THAT TO BE NICE!


Well, that was weird.  I am going to start saying that to myself more often.  Brie, do the same thing with a compliment you get often so I don't look like a pompous ass, please (I am taking baby steps here, people!).
AMANDA

I don't know what to say about myself. When people compliment me, they usually say something like "oh, I really like your 'insert article of clothing here'". I tell myself that I am a nice person a lot, though, as a confidence booster. I don't usually pad my ego, because I don't want to turn into a big arrogant jerk. Not that that is what Amanda is doing! Of course not, she is an AMAZING writer, and I love reading her posts every day. I just don't have a specific talent that people point out to me all of the time.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment