Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22

The older you get, the more important it is to remain strong and healthy.  Exercise (even small amounts) is important in your physical and emotion well being.


I think it is time I share the boating incident of '11.


My sister and I were in Annecy, France.  It really is a beautiful place; probably my favorite city in France.  We decided to take out a paddle boat out on Lake Annecy (you can get an excellent view of the mountains there).  We then decided to jump into the lake and swim.  I decided to be the brave one and jump in first because we were both hesitant about the temperature of the water.  I jumped in, but my bikini bottom got caught on the pegs so you can imagine how comical that looked.  I ripped my bottoms but got free (with no help from my hysterical sister, thank you very much).  We then swam a little while and decided to leave.  I could not get back on the boat.


At first, I thought it was a simple issue of not positioning myself correctly.  I then realized it was a complete lack of strength.  My sister tried to push me on (I looked tres risible as the French would say).  This failed to work.  Utter panic took over because we had a time limit and I simply could not get back on.  Would I have to swim to shore?  Call for help?  It didn't help that French people were taking pictures and laughing at the spectacle.  My sister finally talked me through it (she is quite possibly the best older sister in the world; don't take that personally, Brie).


Sadly, this is not the most humiliating moment of my life.  I wish it was...


The point of this story was that getting in shape isn't just important to your physical well being but also to ensure that similar embarrassing moments don't happen to you.
AMANDA
P.S.  But oh yeah, Brie!  You tripping up the stairs once was completely humiliating.:)


I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, Amanda. It was embarassing! I don't care what you say. :) And no offense taken. In physical fitness testing in high school, I always scored a '3' on push up tests. A '3'. To this day I have a complete lack of upper body strength. About a year and a half ago I started doing a routine of yoga every day. Since I began yoga my mind has been calmer, I get sick less often and I have much less tension in my muscles. Yoga is very good for toning muscles, which is what most women look for in a workout. It is also very relaxing and centering. In addition, yoga strengthens your core; a strong core improves your balance, thus fewer embarassing falls will occur.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment