Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 6

Forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean you forget.  You can choose to forgive someone, even if you don't want them in your life anymore.


I have cut people out of my life before.  I really haven't done it to be petty, I just didn't like the person I was around them (or I just hated the person).  I had to cut my best friend out of my life once because we could not get along.  We would argue with each other 90% of the time.  I thought he was a liar and he thought I was condescending.  Finally, we had a huge fall out and I haven't spoken to him since.  But I do forgive him for everything he said.  Someday, I will tell him that.
AMANDA

A long, long time ago I had a fall out with my best friend. I haven't spoken to her since. I have forgiven her for everything she had said and done, but I still remember everything that we went through together very clearly. I don't regret pushing her out of my life; she was a horrible influence. I often think about what kind of person I would be like if I had stayed friends with her. I suspect a very mean one. I ran into her recently and we didn't speak, but I observed her from a distance and saw that she hadn't changed. We are now complete opposites and I couldn't be more happy she and I parted ways. Maybe someday we will have a conversation about the old days and I will be able to tell her that I keep no grudges against her.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment