Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 24

Don't over exert yourself during family gatherings.  Breathe deeply, drink plenty of water, and give yourself time alone, even if it is in ten minute increments.


I am writing this post at 9:28 AM.  I woke up and realized someone was in the shower.  All my toiletries are in the bathroom and my book is downstairs.  So I locked the door and am waiting to pounce when the bathroom is available.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


If you over exert yourself during family gatherings, you will grow sullen.  This may be the only time that you see certain relatives, so it is important to be yourself (if you are sullen person, you have nothing to worry about).  I have to remind my mom and sister to do this as well so there are no meltdowns.
AMANDA

I spend a lot of time with my extended family; we are really close. I never really have meltdowns caused by spending too much time with them. However, my immediate family is an entirely different story. I cannot spend too much time with them at once. We don't see eye to eye on most topics, so I can only take them in small doses. I really value my alone time.


On a different note: yes, it is important to really listen to your body, especially at this time of the year. Even though it is 'tradition' to some people to over-eat (is that hyphenated? is it one word?) don't make yourself sick, and, as the tip says at the beginning of the post, drink plenty of water. The dry air during winter can really dry your skin out; stay hydrated!

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment