Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 17

Act as though a situation is going exactly according to plan.  This will help you stay in control.


I thought this was a really interesting idea.  I didn't exactly get to use it today because I wasn't caught in a situation that was spiraling out of control.  I also have something to add to this message.  Sometimes, I spend hours stressing over how a certain event or day will go and I can't stop imagining the worst possible scenarios.  I actually think you should imagine the worst case scenario.  Picture it, however ridiculously improbable it may be, then figure out what you do if you were in that situation.  Once you have made a plan, stop thinking about it.  If it crosses you mind again, just say "Oh, I already solved that problem!" and then move on.
AMANDA
P.S.  See, Di?  I am learning!


I think of worst case scenarios, too. But also, another part of me has this, sometimes irrational, hope that the certain event or day will be perfect. I can get my hopes up so easily. It really concurs with the Zen philosophy to have the 'if I don't have any expectations, I won't be disappointed' attitude. I have a really hard time doing this. I really like to plan out different scenarios, as I think I have mentioned before. That way I have some idea of a plan of action if a conflict occurs. In addition, if something unexpected happens, I truly believe that there is something to a woman's intuition. My intuition has not steered me wrong yet!
"Trust yourself and you will know how to live." - Johann Wolfgang van Goethe

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment