Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20

Whenever someone keeps a promise, it is a refreshing relief; you know that you can trust the person in the future.  Always try to keep your promises.  If you don't think you can, don't make a promise in the first place.

Okay, so I did end up looking like a pompous ass yesterday (though I appreciate the compliment Brie!:)).  If any of our readers want to comment on yesterday's post and follow my example, I will be greatly obliged.

I don't think anyone deliberately attempts to break their promises.  Sometimes we forget and sometimes it is completely out of our hands.  I am usually good at keeping my promises to other people but I am less skillful at keeping the promises I make to myself since I am the only one I disappoint.  Today I am going to try to keep promises I make to myself and treat myself like I would a friend.  Unless my friend asks me to work out, in which case, no way in hell.
AMANDA

Brie: I got some relatives to vote on the poll.  Expect an influx of Beatles!!

Amanda, you could never seem pompous! You are one of the most humble people I know.

I think sometimes people are peer-pressured into making promises. They don't want to disappoint anyone, so they make a promise they know they cannot keep. I keep most of the promises I make, and I consciously put efforts towards my commitments I made to others. And, yes, it is so refreshing and a huge relief when someone comes through on their promise. Keeping your promises is the best bet for strengthening and building a relationship or friendship.

Another thing I would like to bring up today is that lately I have been so frustrated with the amount of work I have to do! They say that the journey is the reward, and I believe it. There are just so many other things I would rather be doing. Isn't my life, my journey my own? Can't I do what I want with my time? Unfortunately, no. 
xx Brie

Oh, it's on, Amanda!!! :) Bob Dylan will prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment