Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 1

Be yourself and be different, even if you feel awkward about it.


I grew up in a really conservative, Christian town.  I was always really liberal so I was always a bit different.  When I say always liberal, I mean always liberal.  Back in junior high when kids barely knew what any issues were and parroted their parents' religion, I was trying to remember how to pronounce the word "atheist".  I was alienated a bit, but at the end of day, I pitied those who couldn't/wouldn't think for themselves.
AMANDA

The message of today's post seems so obvious to me. I'm always myself, because I don't want to waste my time being something I'm not. Life's too short! When I'm feeling like everyone is trying to make me fit in, I look to Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. She is never afraid to be herself, and she always seems so comfortable in her own skin. She fully embraces all of her quirks, which make her such a wonderful character. Don't be boring! Your weird little things are what make you who you are.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment