Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26

The next time you feel sad, let yourself feel that way.  Then move on.


I always have hated it when people would say "pity me party".  I don't think that is it at all.  You are simply allowing yourself to be sad.  I don't think there is anything wrong with that.  I do think, though, that you should try to make yourself feel better afterward.  I don't ever think you should be ashamed of being sad.
AMANDA


I've really lived by this advice. I have never been ashamed of feeling sad. If you don't allow yourself to feel the sadness, you are doing yourself a serious disservice. Feeling sad can eventually make you stronger and help you grow as a person. I truly believe that if you let yourself wallow in sadness for a while, you will feel better quicker than you would have if you had tried to prevent yourself from feeling it.

xx Brie

1 comment:

  1. I think it can be difficult to move on sometimes from sadness. It is a very real feeling and I don't think feelings should be denied. In my own life I have found that at some point I need to compartmentalize the feeling somehow so that it doesn't overwhelm my daily life. There are some things that will always be sad;however, we can't spend all our time thinking about it.I have found that this is difficult but not impossible. Thanks for your thoughts, Amanda and Brie!

    ReplyDelete