Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12

Stop telling yourself things that aren't true.  Stop hanging onto true stories that make you sad. Start making happy stories in your life.


I have a huge problem with letting go of stories that make me sad.  I like the idea of making happy stories in my life.  I have had a really tough week filled with embarrassing moments and very sad days.  My sister surprised me with a visit Friday night though and stayed until this morning.  She knew I needed her and she came.  It's like a blew the horn of Gondor (ignore the nerdiness, please).  It brightened up my entire week and weekend.  Such a great surprise!:)
AMANDA

I've been having a lot of 'pinch me' moments recently. Sometimes I question if these things are real. I have recently decided that they are indeed real. I have a hard time letting go of sad stories, too. I know I can't change what happened, so I just need to let go and get on with my life. I need to move forward and create happiness, not dwell on the sadness. Tonight was a major happy story for me. Is anyone else getting excited for Valentine's Day?! Two more days!

xx Brie

2 comments:

  1. "Stories" are opportunities for choice! --Choice in how we feel about them, how we re-tell them, and how we move on from them! When we tell a story, we are telling it in the NOW. We always have a choice in how it's replayed. Just as when we write a story, we have a choice in how it flows and ends. So choose the good ones (or) choose a different version! :-) Happy Valentine's Day! Warmly, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "the story." Even if it is an embarrassing or weird event, I always think, this will make a great story. I don't even think it's because I am a writer--I think it's because I like to make stuff fun.

    ReplyDelete