Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 19

Don't be too quick to judge strangers who are rude to you.  You have no idea how their day began or what is going on in their life at that moment.   Be as gentle to them as you would want them to be to you.


Recently, I have felt like people have not been considering my emotions in their actions.  I am not saying that I have to be the center of the universe and everyone's actions must be based on what my reactions would be.  I just wish sometimes that people would realize that I am hurting and not be so...flippant about what I consider offensive.  I will try to be as gentle to people as I wish they would be to me.
AMANDA

I always tell this to other people. Whenever someone is complaining about a person being unfriendly or rude, I tend to stand up for that person. I know that not everybody has an easy life or ideal situations, so I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. This, of course, is no excuse for someone to be mean, but it is more understandable if someone lashes out if they've had a rough day. If I was having a bad day, I would want people to smile at me instead of giving me disgusted looks. I would want cheerful greetings instead of annoyed eye rolls. I have a gentle nature, so being caring to others comes naturally to me.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment