Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 12

How we live our lives reflects our values. It is important to live according to what you believe. For example, if you value truthfulness, are you an honest person? Make a list of seven values and really internalize one every day for one week.

It is very difficult for me to list my values, as I consider myself a very free and spontaneous person. My beliefs depend on the situation, but I will give this list my best effort.

(in no particular order)

1. I value creativity and self expression
2. I value non-conformity and individuality
3. I care for myself and value healthfulness
4. I value my uninhibited actions
5. I value optimism
6. I value being conscious of others and caring for them as best I can
7. I value, most of all, friendship

If you do not live according to your values, you will inevitably be unsatisfied with your life.

xx Brie

P.S. This quote has nothing to do with the post. Or maybe it does. It depends on what your values are, I suppose. :) I was just really feeling this quote today and had some great success with introspection. I made very important promises and resolutions to myself today.

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

My values include:
1. Humor
2. Friendship
3. Courage
4. Intelligence
5. Individuality (she says as she copies from Brie's)
6. Kindness
7. Loyalty
It is going to be fun to try to apply one to each day.  Of course, if they are your values you should try to apply all of them all day.  One a day, though, is a good first step.
AMANDA

2 comments:

  1. I clicked the "next blog" button and landed here. I loved the name of your blog. I'm going to take a look around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to see that you are getting some interested and interesting comments, ladies. I absolutely love reading your posts and your takes on my book. Diana Fletcher

    ReplyDelete