Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 23 (AMANDA'S DAD'S BIRTHDAY!)

Step out of your comfort zone and see what happens.  Something great might come out of it.

The phrase "stepping out of my comfort zone" has always made me nervous.  I remember my sixth grade social studies used this clause on the first day of school.  She then proceeded to make us all do something completely humilating in order to...feel good about ourselves?  My task was to hop around the room like a bunny while everyone watched.  The only thing I wanted to do after that was expire, not jump for joy about my newly found confidence.  But on Saturday, Brie and I are going to hang out with a group of people who we never have before.  There are attractive males involved.  We will see how that goes...
AMANDA

The Saturday get-together is not certain quite yet. But, yes, there are attractive males involved. Also, the object of my affections might be coming, so I'm going to be doing a lot of things out of my comfort zone. For example, during the scary part of the movie I will grab his arm in fear and then play it off like it was nothing. This is a huge deal; he makes me really nervous! I sound so childish. :) I remember in the ninth grade my English teacher pulled me aside and told me that she wanted me to practice stepping out of my comfort zone by raising my hand at least once every class period. As a shy young freshman, that was the bane of my existence. I really hate when teachers make students participate. Everyone learns in different ways, and I am fine with just listening attentively to the lecture. This subject is getting me all riled up...

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment