Sunday, October 2, 2011

October 2

Make sure you are mentally challenging yourself and learning every day.  Try to be well-rounded so you can at least have a fundamental conversation with people who have completely different interests than you do.

I feel like I am always learning.  I read a lot which is constantly teaching me about different time periods or new vocabulary.  I also am studying film and learning tons about the innovation of cinema.  And, of course, I listen to a different album a day and learn about music that way.  I have always preferred to learn independently.  However, I have taken a few classes in the past (including, but not limited to, a series of disasterous tae kwon doe classes, a drawing class when I learned how to sketch alien dogs, and a few dance classes).  I have also been teaching myself how to cook (turnip soup is absolutely disgusting).  Like I have said in previous posts, it is great to have projects that you can learn from.
AMANDA

You could say that I am an expeditionary. Specifically when it comes to music. I have so much music on my computer, I am constantly trying to organize it. I also love to read and learn about different time periods. Especially the sixties. I love experimenting and learning about fashion and different cultures. Amanda and I do a lot of things together, so our answers are very much the same. However, I have never taken any disasterous classes. Just some swim lessons when I was younger. I prefer to teach myself skills, because I feel like I am evolving when I work something out for myself. This does not include instruments, I cannot teach myself how to play an instrument for the life of me. I need a teacher.

xx Brie

If you don't have the time to take any classes, just create some activities that you can do in your down time. I really like arts and crafts projects, and with those you can just work on them when you have a few minutes or are feeling particularly artsy. You could also surf the internet and read a couple of interesting articles. Your knowledge will continue to expand, and soon you will find that you have something intelligent to say on almost every subject!

1 comment:

  1. I love this one. I try to learn something new everyday! I was traveling over the weekend and I made the time to go to a local cooking class.

    ReplyDelete