Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 25

When you find yourself obsessing over a problem, write it all down.  You can keep the paper or throw it away.


I disagree with this post.  Let me rephrase that, this message does not work at all for me.  I constantly obsess over problems so much that the idea of writing it all down is exhausting.  Some days, the idea of answering the question "how was your day?" is exhausting.  I feel like by the end of the day, I have given the problem enough attention.  This is when I like to get my mind of things.  I have been feeling sad lately and it has been all I can think about. So I am through giving the negative thoughts attention.  Instead, I am going to do things I enjoy doing.  For instance, I am watching Heartburn (which has Jack Nicholson and Kevin Spacey; OMG), drinking Diet Dr. Pepper, and puttering around, doing work.  This method, however, may work for you, and if it does, I wish you well!
AMANDA

I do this sometimes, but I always throw my paper away. Seeing my feelings on paper can help me get perspective. Similarly, the whole process of figuring out how to put my feelings into words really helps me sort through the emotions I am going through. I find that once I write what I am going through down on paper, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore. I never keep a diary of these things I write; revisiting those feelings never helps. Dwelling on past feelings isn't usually a healthy behavior.

xx Brie

P.S. Amanda, stop drinking Diet! It has even more harmful chemicals than non-diet soda pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment