Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15

Pay attention today to see just how many negative thoughts cross your mind.  Noticing is the first step to start eliminating these thoughts.

It is 7:07 in the morning right now (believe me, this is not voluntary).  But this is good; I will now think to notice all my negative thoughts today.  This is one of those posts that I feel like we have already discussed so I am not going to go on too much longer.  It is really important to remember to not constantly abuse yourself.  We should all be our own best friend (I know that sounds sad but I think it is true; back me up, Brie!).  Like I said in an earlier post, if I talked to my friends like I talked to me, I would be such a bitch!
AMANDA

Absolutely, we should all be our own best friend. Sadly enough, people come and go in our lives, but you always have yourself. So you're never really alone. I hope this doesn't sound desperate or anything, but I like to be alone. I am comfortable being myself (of course) and I accept myself for who I am. Now the tricky part is to become as comfortable as you are alone when you are in public. Now, addressing Amanda's last sentence above: I agree completely. Ask yourself, would I say this to my friends? If not, why do you deserve to be treated worse than your friends? You don't. Life really is what you make it. Change your outlook and you can change the outcome.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment