Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6

We need time to recover from vacations, family visits, and travel.  If we don't give ourselves time to refresh , we will stress ourselves and the people around us out.

This message seems simple but it is extremely hard to follow.  My family visits always happen on weekends, so by the time everyone leaves or I return home, it is already Monday again.  I cannot give myself time to recover because I have to go immediately back to my thrilling day-to-day routine.  Consequently, I am not able to get all my work done on the weekends so I am pretty much screwed for the following week.  Of course, the old try-to-get-stuff-done-while-talking-to-your-relatives-then-being-accused-of-ignoring-them system is always an option.  I guess the solution is to take a day off after the reunions.  I don't know about that Di...
AMANDA

While this is great advice, I tend to agree with Amanda. For some of us, it is impossible to control our schedules. Sometimes we just cannot cancel our committments. So if you are in that situation where you can't take that all important day off, try to eat right and give yourself enough sleep. Doing this may sound basic, but many people do not eat right and try to live day to day on just a few hours of sleep. Also, try to maintain a calm, peaceful state of mind. I know it is difficult, we have all been there. Just do your best to plow through it.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment