Friday, October 7, 2011

October 7

Change negative thoughts to positive ones.  Break the habit of speaking harshly to yourself.

I feel we have addressed the idea of changing the way you think in previous posts.  If this is the first post you have read, the idea is to change the negative thoughts that enter into your head to positive ones, simply by changing the phrase.  For instance, if you were to say "I am so fat" you could change it to "I am going to work harder to lose weight".  I think I have already started to do this, so I won't go on long.  I will add that sometimes we get so used to insulting ourselves that we don't even realize we are doing it.  The solution: pay attention.
AMANDA

Throughout Happy On Purpose, one of the themes we are noticing is that it is highly beneficial to have a positive attitude towards ourselves. Today, really pay attention to what you say. I cannot tell you how many times I will hear someone say something like "Oh, I'm so stupid" like it is nothing. They even say it with a smile and a light attitude. Just because they made a mistake doesn't make them stupid. I suppose people who are in the habit of saying things like that no longer acknowledge the meaning behind the words they say. So if you are in the habit of saying one of those negative phrases, do your best to refrain.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment