Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 26

Preparation is the key to less regret.  If you are prepared before you speak to someone, you are less likely to regret what you say.  If you are prepared before a presentation, you are less likely to screw up.


Regret can be crushing and depressing.  For instance, I am watching Magnolia and cannot express how unfortunate this decision was.  I also, of course, have made horrifying decisions (though watching Tom Cruise do a back flip was pretty awful) that will stick with me for the rest of my life.  There are somethings that I will have to carry around with me.  I prefer to keep my load as light as possible.  I also manage to be mean and sarcastic when I am around people I am uncomfortable with (the perfect way to make new friends, right?).  If I would prep before such discourses things would be a lot less uncomfortable.  Like this Saturday.
AMANDA

I do my best to prepare for situations I know are coming. Most of the time they do not turn out at all like I imagined they would. But that's okay, because the time I spent preparing for what I thought would happen gave me confidence and made me think through all of the possible scenarios. I know it is good to play things by ear sometimes, but if I have my responses prepared, I will inevitably embarass myself less. I am trying to institute this new motto: There's no sense in worrying, it will happen differently anyways.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment