Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 8

We cannot handle everything alone.  Help another woman today and if you need help, ask for it.

Again, I am at odds with the writer.  I identify with all humans, not just women so if I had the opportunity to help a man today, I would have taken it.  I actually felt a little odd about this one, because I think I would feel guilty if I really just helped someone just so I could say I did.  Then again, I should strive to help someone every single day.  So, I am going to extend this message for the rest of the week.  Every day, I will make a significant impact in someone's day (i.e. not just opening the door for someone).  I will report on project in this endeavor every day for the next week.  Wish me luck!
AMANDA

I completely agree with Amanda. I think we should all try to do one nice thing for someone else every single day. Something small like recieving a compliment in passing can really brighten someone's day and make their outlook more positive. I know it always brightens my day when someone gives me a compliment or even just a smile. If you see someone who looks like they are having a bad day, strike up a conversation. Maybe all they need is a companion. This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "Sometimes a man needs a story more than food or drink." - unknown. Also, try to lead by example. If you are positive and joyous, others will follow suit.

"As we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." - Nelson Mandela

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment