Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27

You have the choice to let go of resentments.  Each time you think of your regrets, say to yourself "oh, I chose to let go of that."  Eventually, you will.


Today I was walking in the cold and the rain.  Then, a brilliant idea occurred to me.  It would be faster to climb up the muddy, steep, slippery hill!  Not surprisingly, a second before I would have completed my conquest of said hill, I windmilled and fell down, getting covered in mud along the way.  It was completely mortifying but you know what?  I felt good about it for two reasons:
1. I threw myself into that fall.  I mean, I really got into it. I didn't catch myself, I didn't "kind of" slip.  I fell.  And went flying.  It was satisfying to just completely wipe out.
2. Embarrassment is the only emotion I felt there.  I didn't feel ashamed or guilty.  Just pure embarrassment.  It was refreshing.
So I really don't have any regrets about the day.  I mean, it would have been nice if I hadn't fallen but I didn't do anything wrong.  Being free of regrets is certainly one of the best feelings.
AMANDA

Regret is the worst feeling I have ever experienced. I couldn't tell you how many hours I've spent stressing and worrying myself sick about things that I regret. I absolutely love today's post, because my life right now is about taking risks and living for my happiness right this moment and not concerning myself too much with the 'long term' things. None of us can predict the future, so there's no sense worrying about it all that much. All my life I have used my good sense and my brain to make decisions. I think it's about time to let my heart and my intuition take control.

xx Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment